Surveillance Car Controlled via DTMF in Embedded

www.spiroprojects.com



Conventionally, any project using DTMF requires call from another cell phone to the one attached to the project, which is not cost effective, but in case of my project I used an android app DTMF Tone Generator which generates DTMF tone, now for this to work I shared my phone’s screen over the network using VNC server, hence cost effective.
To make this Idea more effective I mounted the phone on a servo motor. This gave my Camera one degree of freedom, i.e. I can move it left and right without moving the bot.
Generally, there is one more security problem involved with DTMF that I took care of was that anyone can control the bot by calling the mobile phone attached to the bot. A simple solution to this problem is to apply a PIN using DTMF tones. I demonstrated this concept in the video and for the inner working you can check the source code.
Advantages:
1. Far much more cheaper than the bluetooth and Wifi modules, with almost Identical working.
2. Can be controlled via Internet using VPN.
Utilities:
1. One can efficiently keep track on activities in his/her house when there are no occupants.
2. It can be used for surveillance purposes in Dangerous areas where there is any kind of threat to human life.










Requirements:
1. DTMF decoder module
2. 3.5mm audio cable (for connecting mobile to DTMF module)
3. Arduino Uno
4. Chaise
5. Servo motor (7 kg/cm)
6. Android Phone (In my case Galaxy Ace Duos)
7. Laptop (can be desktop or any android device supporting multi windows)
8. Geared DC motors with Wheels
9. L298 motor driver module
10. Android apps  AirDroid, DTMF Tone Generator, VNC server
11. Applications on laptop VNC client and Browser



An extension of this project
I tethered wifi from the phone mounted on the vehicle, thereby creating a local network.Now I was able to control my vehicle without the need of an external router or internet. Although I wasn’t able to get the live feed as Airdroid need internet connection to initialize.



Previous
Next Post »